With technological advancements, portable power backup solutions have come a long way, and Jackery is leading the charge with many home power backup options. But with so many choices, which one is the best fit for you?
The best Jackery backup power solution for the home is the Jackery Explorer 1500 Pro. It’s affordable and highly capable, offering 1534 watt-hours of power to serve an average home for up to 24 hours. You’ll appreciate its sleek “pro” design, complete with a user-friendly LCD screen for monitoring.
In this article, we will delve into the world of Jackery home power backup systems, highlighting the top five solutions that will keep your household powered up, even during the most prolonged outages.
Average Watts Per Hour for Electric Home Appliances
So you can do the math on how long these backup power supplies will keep your appliances running in a power outage. Here are some numbers. Refrigerators use the most energy after your air conditioning, washing machine, and dryer.
|Product||Size||Watts Per Hr.||Use (Hrs.)||Watts Per Day|
|Refrigerator||21.6 Cu. Ft.||180||24||4,320|
|Chest Freezer||15 Cu. Ft.||45||24||1,080|
|Oven-Range||5.3 Cu. Ft.||1,200||1||1,200|
|Washing Machine||4.7 Cu. Ft.||248||1||248|
|Microwave||1.7 Cu. Ft.||950||.10||158|
|Electric Water Heater||50 Gallon||4,500||4||18,000|
|TV – OLED||50-Inch||89||5||445|
Best Overall: Jackery Solar Generator 1500 Pro + 2 SolarSaga 200W Panels
Renowned for delivering top-notch power stations, Jackery has outdone itself with the Explorer 1500 Pro, boasting lightning-fast charging times, an expansive battery, and a highly efficient inverter. It’s no surprise that this power pack is one of the most sought-after on Amazon.
Whether you’re powering up your home during an outage or seeking a reliable energy source for your next camping adventure, the Explorer 1500 Pro has you covered. It’s the ultimate choice for those who value both performance and versatility.
- Reliable power output: As a savvy consumer, you want to ensure that your power pack can handle all your appliances without the risk of overloading. With a rated output of 1800 watts, the Jackery Explorer 1500 Pro delivers enough power to run nearly any appliance, similar to a typical home power outlet, with minimal risk of overloading.
- Ample battery capacity: The Jackery Explorer 1500 Pro is an incredibly capable power pack, boasting a battery capacity of 1534 watt-hours. A watt-hour is simply a 1-watt average flow over one hour. The pack’s lithium-ion battery can easily handle the maximum 1800 watts of power output without any trouble.
- Flexible charging modes: This versatile powerhouse can be charged using a regular home AC outlet, solar panels, or a car DC charger. With a rated charging rate of 500 watts, it can be fully charged in around four hours. It comes with three AC and four DC charging outlets.
- Limited number of charge cycles: The Jackery Explorer 1500 Pro has a cycle rating of 2000, after which its maximum charge capacity will decrease, affecting its total wattage output.
- Weight and bulk: This power station is quite cumbersome to move around, weighing in at 34 pounds (15 kg) and occupying 30 liters of volume (1,014 oz).
- No built-in Wi-Fi: Unfortunately, the Jackery Explorer 1500 Pro doesn’t have built-in Wi-Fi functionality, which may be a deal-breaker for some consumers who prefer this feature.
Most Powerful: Jackery Explorer 3000 Pro Solar Generator
The most powerful power station Jackery offers is the Explorer 3000 Pro. It has the largest capacity with 3024Wh that can power many indoor and 99% of outdoor appliances.
Explorer 3000 Pro has quick charging and is fully solar charged in 3 to 4 hours, and wall socket charged in 2.4 hours. It has a very portable design with a suitcase type pull rod and double wheels.
A couple of things we especially like is that the Explorer 3000 Pro works in cold temperatures down to -20°C /-4°F and has a manufacturers 5-Year warranty.
Jackery Explorer 3000 Pro Warranty
Jackery provides a 3 year warranty for the Explorer 3000 Pro, with an option for an additional 2 year extension if purchased directly from Jackery.com or through Amazon.com.
- 3000W Max, 6000W surge peak, the Jackery Explorer 3000 Pro delivers enough power to run any of your appliances or gadgets, similar to a typical home power outlet, with minimal risk of overloading.
- Ample battery capacity: The Jackery Explorer 3000 Pro is the largest power pack, boasting a Lithium-ion battery capacity of 3024 watt-hours (Wh).
- Flexible charging modes: This Portable Power Station can be charged using a regular home AC outlet, solar panels, or a car DC charger. It can be fully charged in around four hours with 6 SolarSaga 200 Solar Panels. It comes with four AC outputs and two DC inputs, and one AC car input outlet.
- Smart App Control: Jackery has a smartphone app with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to monitor the device with.
- Limited number of charge cycles: The Jackery Explorer 3000 Pro has a rating of 2000 charge cycles, after which its maximum charge capacity will decrease, affecting its total wattage output.
- Weight and bulk: This power station is quite cumbersome to move around, weighing in at 63.93 pounds.
Best Bang for the Buck: Jackery Explorer 1000 Pro
The Jackery Explorer 1000 Pro is a scaled-down version of the 1500 Pro, offering slightly less power but still capable of meeting most power needs for up to 24 hours.
However, the real value proposition lies in its price point, which is approximately $500 less than the larger Jackery Explorer 1500 Pro, despite delivering almost the same power output.
- Affordable: At its reasonable price point, the Jackery Explorer 1000 Pro offers a cost-effective solution for daily power needs. You will appreciate the value for money of this power pack. Additionally, the solar charging feature ensures that consumers are less likely to run out of power.
- BMS power management system: This power pack includes a smart battery management system that protects against excessive power usage and prevents surge power outages. With this system, you can also monitor the status of each cell and identify any failing cells.
- Long battery life: Although the Jackery 1000 Pro does not last as long as 24 hours, it can provide up to 16 hours of reliable power with optimal single-device use.
- No maintenance cost: This power pack is maintenance-free, so you only need to ensure it does not draw too much current.
- Easy to use: With its accessible AC, DC, and USB ports, this power pack is easy to use. You can plug in your devices and enjoy uninterrupted power.
- Integrated UPS mode: This power pack can also act as an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for your office, providing a stable power supply for your computers even when the charge is low.
- Limited surge protection: The Jackery Explorer 1000 Pro may not be suitable for powering multiple appliances at once or high-power appliances due to its limited battery capacity.
- Not weather-resistant: This power pack is not designed for prolonged outdoor use and is sensitive to temperature changes, which can lead to overheating issues.
- Limited charge cycles: With only 1500 charge cycles, this power pack may not be suitable for long-term, heavy use as its charge capacity will decrease over time. This may limit the use of high-current appliances like cookers and ovens.
If you’re looking for a way to combine a powerful and reliable solar generator with a propane gas dual-fuel generator, then you won’t want to miss this review, which also features various Jackery power solutions.
Most Affordable High Power: Jackery Explorer 2000 Pro
The Jackery Explorer 2000 Pro is not the most powerful among the Jackery power stations, but close with a capacity of 2000 watt-hours. This makes it capable of providing ample power to a regular user for more than 36 hours.
With a bigger and more dependable battery, it is more resilient to surges, allowing you to draw up to 2400 watts of power without any risk of damage.
- Large and high-quality battery: The Jackery Explorer 2000 Pro is one of the most versatile power packs in the Jackery Pro series. It features a high-quality lithium-ion battery that can deliver up to 2160 watt-hours of power, making it capable of powering most household appliances for extended periods.
- Longer lifespan: With a capability of more than 2500 charge cycles, the Jackery Explorer 2000 Pro can last for over seven years of consistent use, given that a single full charge can last more than 36 hours.
- Heavier than average power packs: Weighing about 46 lbs (20 kg) and 42 liters (1,420 oz), this backup power pack is bulky and not easily portable. It may not be suitable for use by children.
- Solar-dependent charging: While the power pack accommodates AC charging, it is primarily designed to be charged by solar panels. This may be inconvenient for those who do not have access to ample sunlight or prefer not to use solar charging.
Most Portable: Jackery Explorer 500
The Jackery Explorer 500 is one of the most portable power stations in Jackery’s product line, with a 500-watt-hour capacity. It can provide sufficient power for household use for up to 12 hours, making it ideal for smaller appliances that do not require high currents, such as laptops, emergency lights, cameras, music systems, and small TVs.
However, due to its smaller battery size, it cannot power fridges, cookers, and heaters for extended periods. The 1000W surge protector is a safety feature that shuts off when a device that requires more current than the power pack can offer is plugged in.
- Efficient pure sine inverter: Equipped with an 85% rated efficiency pure sine inverter, this power pack ensures low energy consumption, reduces power loss, and serves longer.
- Compact and portable: This power pack, with a size comparable to a handheld radio and weighing only 14 lbs (6.35 kg), can be easily carried around and placed in tight spaces.
- Built-in high-quality LED flashlight: It also features a high-quality LED flashlight on the side, drawing less than 1% of the battery power in 12 hours.
- Operating temperature range: With an operating range of 32-104°F (0-40°C), this power pack is suitable for high-temperature environments.
- Limited charge cycles: The Jackery Explorer 500 has a maximum limit of 500 charge cycles before the battery capacity depletes.
- Not weather-resistant: This power station is not designed to withstand water and is not water-resistant.
- Lacks USB-C ports: This power pack only uses traditional USB ports and does not feature USB-C ports.
Apply For A Solar Energy Systems 30% Tax Credit
There is an available U.S. Department of Energy Investment Tax Credit (ITC) provided in the link below can provide a 30% tax credit on some Solar product purchases.
Homeowner’s Guide to the Federal Tax Credit for Solar Photovoltaics | Department of Energy
The Jackery portable power packs are a great option for those seeking reliable backup power during power outages or camping trips. The pro series includes a range of battery sizes from 500mAh to 3000mAh, providing various power options.
These power packs have versatile charging options, including:
- Home power outlets
They are suitable for both homeowners and campers. The Jackery brand comes with a higher price point.
Register your Jackery products at their official website: Jackery Warranty
- Quora: What is the efficiency of a modified sine wave inverter of 500w (China made)? What makes it bad to a pure sine-wave inverter?
- John A. Dutton e-Education Institute – Penn State: Efficiency of Inverters
- SparkFun Electronics: Alternating Current (AC) vs. Direct Current (DC)
- Synopsys: What Is a Battery Management System?